Content Audit spreadsheet
1. Page hierarchy and site structure
2. Features and functionality
3. In-line and right-rail calls-to-action matrix
Site map with call-out for key home page modules. Wireframe templates have also been assigned in this final iteration of the site map.
Wireframes – Sample Screens
1. Home page wireframe showing stacked, CMS-friendly, modules prioritizing page content based on client’s communication goals.
2. Interactive map of current job postings.
3. Audience self-selection allowed for targeted, granular communication.
4. Career event calendar with iCal and map integration.
Note: Unless the project parameters dictate otherwise, I intentionally keep wireframes rough and low-fidelity. I have found over the years that higher-fidelity wireframes tend to prematurely lock-in visuals and create unnecessary design contraints. Competent visual/UI designers are best left with broader creative freedom and high-fidelity wireframes tend to lead to unintended design decisions.
Personas – Sample Screens
1. Biography and flavor quote
2. Key traits mapped to sliding scale
3. Platform affinity
4. Relevant behaviors and beliefs
5. Persona’s information needs
6. Core site objectives directly related to persona
7. Relevant content goals
Screen shot of Content Goals Matrix
Usability Test Findings Report – Sample Screens
Task success summary. It should be noted that although usability testing is a qualitative tool, simple summaries of task success/fail rates can help drive recommendations and build consensus around usability issues and challenges.
Sample observations from a single user task gleaned from 10 usability test sessions.